- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Rachael Ray and magicians Penn & Teller announced the best supporting actor winner at Sunday’s Emmy Awards with a card trick.
PHOTOS AND VIDEO: THR’s complete Emmys coverage
To announce the winner, the magicians said they would stab the correct name, written on a card, with a knife. At first, they held up a card that read Sucan Lucci, who was famously nominated 21 times for an Emmy before winning for her role in All My Children.
Then Penn held up another card, which Teller stuck with a knife that appeared to be stabbed through his hand. It read “Jonathan Jackson,” the real winner, from General Hospital.
Jackson brought his kids on stage. “It’s father’s day, I couldn’t resist,” he said.
Heather Tom from the Bold and the Beautiful was announced as best supporting actress.
The show is airing live from Las Vegas on Sunday on CBS.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Sex and the City’ Star Evan Handler Says Kim Cattrall’s Cameo in ‘And Just Like That’ Is “Great”
RuPaul's Drag Race
Drag Superstars Trixie and Katya on World of Wonder Series ‘UNHhhh’: “This Show Demystifies Drag”
Kristen Welker Named New Moderator of NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ as Chuck Todd Set to Exit the Program
The Full Monty
‘The Full Monty’ Star Hugo Speer Says He Was Dropped From Disney+ Spinoff After Runner Saw Him Naked in Trailer
Neil Patrick Harris Says Filming for ‘Uncoupled’ Season 2 Is “on Pause” Due to Writers Strike