- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When female pop stars stop by The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon, chances are pretty good they’re going to have to relive their early teens in cartoonish fashion as part of Fallon’s recurring “Ew!” sketch. Last night, Demi Lovato joined the ranks of Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande by playing the co-star to Fallon’s “Ew!” character Sara, one of her “besties forever and ever” named Emily.
Sara and Emily discussed their upcoming Spring Fling dance, took emoji selifies (“or as I like to call them, emojelfies“) and practiced kissing on pillows of Ed Sheeran and Mario Lopez before the Spring Fling, just in case. And of course, Stepdad Gary (A.D. Miles) showed up to promise his chaperone services and sing the girls a song about fish sticks.
Fallon actually got to No. 26 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2014 with a musical version of “Ew!,” featuring Will.i.am.
Lovato is set to release new music Friday, when she and EDM trio Cheat Codes will release their “No Problems” collaboration.
This story originally appeared on Billboard.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day