- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wisteria Lane is about to lose its residents.
While its cancellation was hardly a foregone conclusion, the future of the Marc Cherry-led series, which stars Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross, Eva Longoria and newer entry Vanessa Williams, has been in question in recent months, as cast salaries and other production costs have soared in the face of viewership declines.
Though Housewives was once a critical piece of ABC’s turn-around, it has seen its ratings slide in recent years. The recently concluded seventh season averaged fewer than 12 million viewers, down from the nearly 24 million who tuned in for Season 1, according to The Nielsen Company.
ABC is expected to make a formal announcement at its Sunday session at the summer Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Framing Britney Spears
Michael K. Williams
The Late Show