- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lifetime’s Devious Maids is bringing in a telenovela star for its upcoming third season.
Cristian de la Fuente has boarded the Marc Cherry dramedy as a series regular, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The actor, whose stateside roles include Royal Pains and CSI: Miami, will play a mysterious character who has had a past relationship with one of the series’ central maids.
While specific details about his character are being kept under wraps, executive producer Sabrina Wind previously indicated that Rosie’s (Dania Ramirez) husband Ernesto would likely have a major role in the show’s third season after the character was revealed to be alive at the conclusion of the show’s sophomore run.
De la Fuente’s credits include season six of Dancing With the Stars as well as hosting the Latin Grammys. On the telenovela side, he has played Maximilliano on Quiero Amarte for more than 150 episodes and previously starred on Amor Bravio. He’s repped by Abrams Artists Agency, Latin World Entertainment and Ziffren Brittenham.
He joins new season-three additions Naya Rivera (Glee) and Nathan Owens, among others. A return date for Devious Maids has not yet been announced.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day