- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason Gedrick is joining the likes of Colin Hanks, Edward James Olmos, Jimmy Smits, Julia Stiles and John Lithgow.
The Luck actor has been tapped for a multiepisode arc on Showtime’s serial killer drama Dexter, the cable network announced Tuesday.
Gedrick, who played a degenerate gambler on HBO’s Luck, will play the manager of a Miami-area strip club that becomes linked to a high-profile murder case on the Michael C. Hall–Jennifer Carpenter drama.
Gedrick joins Rome‘s Ray Stevenson, who will play the leader of a Russian organized crime syndicate, in Dexter‘s seventh season.
The Showtime drama, following a shocking sixth-season finale in which Deb (Carpenter) discovered Dexter’s (Hall) “dark passenger” as she prepared to profess her love for her adopted brother, was renewed last year for two additional seasons, potentially setting the stage for the series’ end. Production on Season 7 begins this month in Los Angeles.
Gedrick, whose credits also include Iron Eagle, EZ Streets, Boomtown and Ally McBeal, is repped by IFA Talent Agency. He follows the show’s string of notable guest stars that has included Hanks, Olmos, Smits, Stiles and Lithgow, who collected an Emmy for his role.
Dexter‘s seventh season will premiere Sept. 30 at 9 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day