- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Yeah, it was that kind of interview.
The actress appeared on The Colbert Report on Monday night to promote the paperback release of her memoir, but ended up speaking about anything but the book.
From the start, things got weird: Keaton asked Colbert if he was still running for President — and pledged not to vote for him — then asked why he wasn’t at the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner. When he explained that he hadn’t been invited since his 2006 roasting of George W. Bush, that somehow led to Keaton assuming it was because he delivered his speech in the nude. (Which, of course, he didn’t.)
Some psychoanalysis and accusations of sexual harrassment later, Keaton still refused to speak about the very thing she was there to pitch. But perhaps it worked, anyway: If her book is anywhere close to as entertaining as the Colbert appearance, it should be a good read.
|The Colbert Report||Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day