- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Here’s a show to remember.
Dick Clark Productions has made a deal with the British-based World Memory Championships and the USA Memory Championships to produce a television special based on what it says will be “the greatest test of memory in the world.”
“The production will combine the enormous wow factor of watching these mental athletes perform with unique challenges for home audiences, creating a heart-pounding family-friendly event special,” said DCP president Mike Mahan.
The most recent World Memory Championships were held in London in 2013, with entrants from 32 countries. Some 120 “mental athletes” participated in 10 events over three days.
The World Memory Championships were founded in 1991. The USA Memory Championship was started in 1997 by Tony Dottino. The 17th annual event took place in New York in March.
The executive producers will include Mahan, Allen Shapiro, Barry Adelman, Richard Kaufman, Lynn Williams and Raymond Keene. Marshall Tarley and Dottino from the USA Memory Championship will be co-executive producers.
There is no network deal in place yet.
Dick Clark Productions and The Hollywood Reporter are both owned by affiliates of Guggenheim Partners.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day