- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Inside an interview on New York TV show “Capital Tonight” with Republican senate candidate Joe DioGuardi, some “American Idol” news.
Joe confirms his daughter Kara is on the chopping block, as we’ve all heard. But he also reveals she’s being given the silent treatment by Fox and Co. and, what’s more, isn’t very happy about it.
“Would you believe she did not hear — and still has not heard — anything?” the elder DioGuardi said. “She read it the way you did and I did. Her disappointment is that that’s the way she’s being treated and she feels that’s not proper. I think they’re trying to create a lot of buzz … they’re trying to reformat the thing. But Kara has a very deep career in music … she’ll be fine. Would she want to do it another year? I think so … I think at some point [she] will confront them on that.”
Have to interject here: It’s extremely unlikely that Fox/producers hasn’t been in touch with Kara at all during this process. She’s probably not receiving day-to-day updates, and that’s no fun, but you don’t completely freeze-out a talent you’ve had on your highest-rated show for two years while headlines explode left and right.
Here’s the video (deathly dull for “Idol” fans until the 4:17 minute mark):
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day