- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In a bit of a departure from its typical programming, Discovery Fit & Health channel is getting into some mama drama. It just picked up a new docu-series, My Mom Is Obsessed.
Each episode focuses on two mother-daughter pairs who are at their wits’ end in their dealings with the mom’s obsessions ranging from plastic surgery to shopping or working out. In many cases, their roles have been reversed as the daughters have to take care of the moms. Through interviews, therapy, and interventions, the daughters will try to help their mothers overcome their obsessions and restore the balance in their relationship.
Its first episode airing Thursday, March 29 at 10 p.m. features one mother obsessed with getting cosmetic procedures while another is addicted to working out (pictured above).
Firecracker Films (My Big Gypsy Wedding, Susan Boyle: An Unlikely Superstar) and Zodiak (Being Human, Wife Swap) produce the series.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
I Can See Your Voice