- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
He will leave in a few weeks after ensuring a smooth transition.
Since February, Craig led the company’s international production and development team from London, reporting to JB Perrette, president of Discovery Networks International. He joined from Australian broadcaster ABC where he held the post of head of factual since 2012, based in Sydney.
Discovery recently tapped company veteran Marjorie Kaplan as president of content for Discovery Networks International as the company continues to emphasize its growth opportunities abroad. She has just started her new role. Craig would have reported to her given that her role is broader, but he decided to go back to producing shows with her in place now.
“Phil Craig has decided to step down from his role … and go back to his roots as a leading independent producer,” Discovery said. “He enjoyed creative success at DNI and shepherded several series and specials that will hit the air in 2016, including a groundbreaking natural history series Life of Dogs, and played a key role in bringing the critically acclaimed film Sherpa to Discovery. DNI’s production and development team thanks Phil for his service and dedication and look forward to working with him in the future.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day