- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – Dee Forbes, president and managing director of Discovery Networks Western Europe is to deliver the 2012 Irish Film & Television Academy Television Lecture.
Forbes, who hails from County Cork in Ireland, manages 17 factual and entertainment brands throughout Discovery Network’s stable of channels.
The lecture is scheduled to take place in Dublin on Sept. 27.
Forbes follows Stuart Murphy, director of Sky Entertainment channels, who delivered the inaugural IFTA Television Lecture in 2011.
IFTA chief executive Áine Moriarty said: “IFTA’s Annual Television lecture is an important aspect of the Academy’s year-round learning program of events.”
Moriarty described Forbers as “an absolute powerhouse of an Irish woman, who is driving one of the world’s most recognizable global television brands.”
For her part Forbes said she was delighted to be coming back to Dublin to share her media experiences “and to talk to you about the vibrant TV industry inside and outside Ireland.”
Forbes previously worked at Turner Broadcasting where she ran Turner’s business in the U.K. and Ireland.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day