- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Even the White House gets makeovers — just a lot faster than most other homes.
In Flipping the White House, Discovery Channel set out to reveal what happens as one president leaves 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and the new family moves in.
PHOTOS: 15 of the Best Election-Themed Movies
On inauguration day, a “handpicked and highly trained team” has six hours to make the presidential residence feel like home to the new family, complete with pictures on the walls, books on the shelves and socks in the drawers.
In this clip, which is exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, staffers talk about what has changed and what has stayed the same in the Oval Office over the years, including the president’s desk.
The hourlong special, which airs at 10 p.m. Sunday, features interviews with former key White House staffers including James Baker, Karl Rove, Mack McLarty, Karen Hughes, Dan Quayle, former Obama social secretary Desiree Rogers and former White House chief usher Gary J. Walters. They share insights on President Carter’s transition, which was scheduled in the midst of the Iranian hostage negotiations, and President Clinton’s late arrival to his own scheduled exit.
Watch the clip above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day