- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Disgraced Canadian TV talk show host Conrad Black has been stripped of two honors, including his Order of Canada.
Governor General David Johnston, the British Queen’s representative in Canada, on Friday night announced the “termination” of the former media baron in a press release.
Black’s fall from grace in his native Canada comes after he served most of a 42 months prison sentence in Florida for fraud and obstruction of justice related to his management of Hollinger International Inc., his one-time global media empire.
Black was allowed back into Canada after his release from prison in May 2012, despite in 2001 renouncing his Canadian citizenship to take up a peerage in Britain.
Johnston gave no reason for Black losing his Order of Canada and being removed from The Queen’s Privy Council in Canada.
Black these days co-hosts a weekly talk show produced in Toronto by ZoomerMedia.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
the tonight show