- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dish Network chairman and CEO Charlie Ergen earned $1.65 million in total compensation last year, up 22 percent from a total pay of $1.34 million in 2015.
As in the last three years, Ergen received no bonus or option awards in 2016, according to an SEC regulatory filing released on Wednesday. Ergen’s base salary for 2016 was $1 million, up slightly from a year-earlier $972,308, putting his overall earnings below that of most CEOs of major entertainment companies.
Ergen’s total compensation last year also fell behind that of Roger Lynch, CEO of Sling TV, who was paid $4.22 million in 2016, including $2.68 million in option awards. Lynch’s pay jumped from a total compensation of $1.65 million in 2015.
Dish Network last month released its latest financial results, and swung to better-than-expected fourth-quarter earnings as it returned to growing its pay TV subscriber base.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant