- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Andy LeCuyer has been promoted by Dish Network to senior vp programming, where he will oversee the acquisition and development of new content for the satellite TV giant and Sling TV.
LeCuyer joined Dish in 2011 as director of programming and later became vp programming. His promotion comes as Sling TV, and new rivals like PlayStation Vue and DirecTV Now, go well beyond targeting cord cutters and cord nevers to becoming alternatives to traditional cable and satellite TV packages.
LeCuyer will report to Warren Schlichting, Dish executive vp marketing, programming and media sales. “Andy has successfully led the team through forward-looking, complex programming negotiations,” Schlichting said in a statement.
“He has the poise and imagination to continue transforming this industry in an effort to better serve the consumers who are changing the way they watch TV,” he added.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day