- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MADRID – Argentine actress Martina Stoessel will play the lead in Violetta, the first original live-action series created by Disney Channel Latin America and Europe, Middle East and Africa, with Argentine tween idol Diego Ramos co-starring, Disney announced Thursday.
The cast will be rounded out by Mexico’s Jorge Blanco and Argentina’s Clara Alonso – two well-known faces for fans of Disney Channel Latin America, in addition to a dozen actors from around Latin America, Spain, Italy and Ukraine.
Violetta is about a musically talented teenager who returns to her native Buenos Aires after living in Europe. It will be filmed entirely in Latin America and premiere on Disney Channels across Latin America and EMEA in 2012.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Great Expectations’ Review: Olivia Colman in an FX/Hulu Dickens Adaptation That Strains for Edginess
the tonight show
‘Succession’ Star Kieran Culkin Explains Why Roman Roy Doesn’t Seem to Understand Chairs
Tyler James Williams
Tyler James Williams Says ‘Everybody Hates Chris’ Producer Told Him He Would “Probably Never Work Again”