- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney Channel hit original movie Descendants is getting a sequel.
The kids network has greenlit Descendants 2, which Kenny Ortega (High School Musical) will once again direct, executive produce and choreograph. It’s set to begin production this summer for a 2017 premiere.
The sequel will be written by Sara Parriott and Josann McGibbon, who will executive produce alongside Wendy Japhet. Original stars Dove Cameron, Cameron Boyce, Booboo Stewart, Sofia Carson and Mitchell Hope will return, along with new addition China Anne McClain who will play Ursula’s daughter Uma.
“Just when you thought ‘Happily Ever After’ had come to the land of Auradon, Descendants 2 turns the page to reveal a whole new level of mystery and surprise,” said Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer of Disney Channels Worldwide.
The original Descendants was the No. 1 cable TV movie of 2015 and the fifth highest-rated original movie ever on U.S. cable in total viewers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day