- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The kids cable network has renewed the live-action comedy toplined by Debby Ryan for a fourth season, it was announced Tuesday. Jessie is currently airing its third season, which includes a Ryan-directed episode and a wedding arc.
Production begins in August in Los Angeles for a scheduled January 2015 return.
Jessie is the one of the top live-action series among kids and tweens, averaging 1.2 million in the latter demographic. First lady Michelle Obama dropped by in April for a guest spot.
“Jessie is a fan favorite for kids and families all around the world. [Executive producer/creator] Pam Eells and the entire team behind Jessie have made this television family a huge global hit. Our audience gets to continue the journey with these characters, watching the Ross kids grow up with Jessie guiding the way for them,” said Adam Bonnett, executive vp original programming at Disney Channels Worldwide.
Also starring in Jessie are Kevin Chamberlin, Peyton List, Karan Brar, Cameron Boyce and Skai Jackson.
Disney Channel’s live-action portfolio includes Liv and Maddie, I Didn’t Do It, Dog With a Blog, Austin & Ally and upcoming series Girl Meets World and K.C. Undercover.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day