- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney Channel wants more Zendaya.
The cable network has picked up a full season of K.C. Undercover, the spy comedy toplined by the 18-year-old actress-singer, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Originally picked up for 13 episodes back in May, the back-nine order brings the total episode count for its freshman run to 22. Filming is currently underway on episode nine.
K.C. Undercover centers on K.C. Cooper, a high-school math whiz who’s training to be an undercover super spy, following in the footsteps of her parents. Each episode finds the Coopers balancing typical family issues with performing undercover missions to protect the country.
Zendaya co-produces K.C. Undercover, with Shake It Up‘s Rob Lotterstein executive producing. Corinne Marshall created the series. Kadeem Hardison, Tammy Townsend, Kamil McFadden, Veronica Dunne and Trinitee Stokes co-star.
The live-action series is part of a slate that includes Jessie, Liv and Maddie, Austin & Ally, Dog With a Blog, I Didn’t Do It and Girl Meets World.
K.C. Undercover is set to premiere in early 2015.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
RuPaul's Drag Race
The Umbrella Academy