- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Project Runway mentor, who voices the role of royal steward Baileywick in Disney Junior’s animated series Sofia the First, will greet fans alongside Princess Sofia on Sunday, Aug. 11, at what Disney describes as its “ultimate fan event.”
Gunn also will do a reading of Disney Publishing’s soon-to-be-released illustrated storybook Sofia the First: The Floating Palace, based on the upcoming Disney Junior fall primetime TV special of the same name, in which Princess Sofia is visited by classic Disney princess Ariel from The Little Mermaid.
Sofia the First centers on a little girl (voiced by Modern Family’s Ariel Winter) who becomes a princess after her mom (Sara Ramirez) marries the king and quickly discovers that looking like a princess isn’t all that difficult, but possessing the characteristics of a true princess — honesty, loyalty, courage, independence, compassion and grace — is what makes one truly royal. Wayne Brady also voices a wise-talking rabbit named Clover.
Disney says the series, which debuted in November, is cable TV’s top-rated show among kids 2-5.
D23 runs Aug. 9-11 at the Anaheim Convention Center. More information about the lineup and how to purchase tickets can be found here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day