- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ben Pyne is readying a Disney Media Nets exit. The longtime distribution chief, who’s held the top post since 2007 and has been with the company since 2002, will depart this summer.
“Ben’s reputation in our industry is second-to-none,” said Disney-ABC business operations president Bruce Rosenblum, to whom Pyne has reported since Rosenblum’s 2016 arrival at the company. “What he’s built here at Disney, and what he’s been able to accomplish over the past 25 years, is truly remarkable. While we’ll be sad to see him leave, we’re excited to see what his next chapter holds.”
Pyne plans to stay on to assist with the transition, though no replacement has been named.
“I am honored to have had such an amazing career at The Walt Disney Company, which has been rich with unique experiences and incredible accomplishments, and prepared me well for my next opportunity,” said Pyne. “It has been a special privilege to help build and grow brands, networks and programming that touch and enrich the lives of viewers all around the world. Over the years, I’ve been fortunate to work with fantastic people both at Disney, across the wider industry, as well as around the world, and I would like to thank them all for their passion, commitment and hard work.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day