- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney+ experienced technical problems for some users in the early hours of Friday morning as people rushed to view the latest episode of Marvel’s WandaVision.
Outage tracking website Downdetector reported a huge spike in user-submitted problems with Disney+, rising from zero reported problems to over 8,000 just after midnight when the new episode dropped. Downdetector reported that most of the outages occurred on the West Coast, with clusters centered around Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle.
At the same time, there were also thousands of tweets about the Disney+ outage and the inability to watch episode seven of WandaVision.
— Robert R (@rob_e_ray) February 19, 2021
The technical problems appeared short-lived with many of the users reporting problems on Downdetector providing updates that they were able to stream the show once again ten to fifteen minutes later.
The Hollywood Reporter has reached out to Disney for comment on the reports of technical problems.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day