- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Musical guest DJ Khaled paid tribute to the late rapper Nipsey Hussle during his performance on the season 44 finale of NBC’s Saturday Night Live, hosted for the fourth time by Paul Rudd.
Joined onstage by SZA, Lil Wayne, Meek Mill, Big Sean, J Balvin, Lil Baby, John Legend and Jerimih, Khaled called out to the crowd, “Long live Nipsey Hussle.” An image of the rapper was superimposed on the stage behind.
He added, “The marathon continues,” implying a look to the future. The group then performed “Higher,” from Khaled’s new album Father of Asahd, which dropped Friday and features Hussle.
Hussle was killed in a shooting outside his Los Angeles clothing store on March 31. Since his death, numerous musicians and Hollywood stars have expressed shock and outrage over the incident and the loss of such a young performer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day