- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Doctor Who has found a villain for the new season.
British actress Keeley Hawes, who currently stars in Line of Duty, will appear on the British series as Ms. Delphox, a powerful, out-of-this-world banker with a dark secret. Traveling across space and time, the Twelfth Doctor (Peter Capaldi) and his companion, Clara Oswald (Jenna Coleman) will come face to face with the mysterious Ms. Delphox when they arrive on a strange and puzzling planet.
“I am delighted to join Doctor Who and to be working with this incredible team. Ms. Delphox is a great character and someone I’ve had a lot of fun playing,” Hawes said in a statement.
PHOTOS: ‘Doctor Who’ at 50: Peter Capaldi and the 12 Men Who’ve Played the Doctor
“Anyone watching Jed Mercurio‘s amazing Line of Duty will know that Keeley Hawes is having one hell of a year. And now it’s about to get even better as she achieves the greatest villainy yet attempted on Doctor Who: She plays a banker,” said executive producer Steven Moffat.
She joins a cast that includes The History Boys and Gavin & Stacey alum Samuel Anderson.
Steve Thompson (Sherlock) wrote the episode, which will be directed by Douglas Mackinnon (Line of Duty, Doctor Who).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day