- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Twin brothers Ethan and Grayson Dolan have joined TRL as correspondents as part of an overall deal with the Viacom-owned cable network.
As part of the pact, the Dolan twins will be provide on-air hosting duties across platforms
The Dolan twins rose to fame as digital stars on Vine in 2013 and have since made the move to YouTube, where they have 4.4 million subscribers. Last year, they wrapped a 42-city worldwide tour.
The pair currently have more than 15 million combined followers on Instagram and more than 8 million combined followers on Twitter. They are repped by WME and Cohen & Silver Attorneys.
MTV has been looking to such social media stars and influencers to fill the top roles on its revival of TRL. The show has a rotating group of five hosts including Lawrence Jackson, Tamara Dhia, Erik Zachary, D.C. Young Fly and Amy Pham.
Once again, TRL will be broadcast from Times Square in a newly expanded 8,700-square-foot studio that will allow for more digital segments from the digital-friendly hosts. The new TRL will also boast more digital content across platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat, among others.
TRL originally ran on MTV from 1998 to 2008. The series returns Oct. 2 at 3:30 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day