- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gleeson will play a charismatic “life guru” in the pilot, which centers on a woman named Ruby. Living a humdrum life, Ruby gets a text inviting her to fulfill a youthful pact promising true love and reinvention — if she’ll go on a journey with her oldest flame.
Gleeson will play Billy Johnson, the son of a wealthy Irish family and a successful life guru. He’s a talker with loads of charisma but also a bottomless need for approval.
Vicky Jones, script editor on Fleabag and Waller-Bridge’s previous series Crashing, created the series and will executive produce with Waller-Bridge and Emily Leo. Run is produced for HBO by eOne.
Waller-Bridge will also have a recurring part in the show. The lead role of Ruby has yet to be cast.
In addition to playing Gen. Hux in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, Gleeson’s credits include A Futile and Stupid Gesture, Peter Rabbit, Mother! and Brooklyn. He also played Bill Weasley in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Gleeson, the son of actor Brendan Gleeson and brother of Brian Gleeson (Logan Lucky), is repped by The Agency in Dublin and Paradigm.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day