- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Donald Trump alluded to the possibility of his not participating in Tuesday night’s CNN town hall because the network “has nothing but my opponents on their shows.”
The GOP presidential frontrunner made the threat in a tweet he posted this morning.
“Wow, @CNN has nothing but my opponents on their shows. Really one-sided and unfair reporting. Maybe I shouldn’t do their town-hall tonight!” he wrote.
It is unclear which program or segment pushed Trump’s buttons.
The Republican town hall will be held in Milwaukee and moderated by Anderson Cooper.
Trump also was busy Tuesday morning defending his campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, who was issued a notice to appear and a court date for simple assault in connection with an incident involving a female reporter earlier this month in Jupiter, Fla.
“Mr. Lewandowski is absolutely innocent of this charge,” according to a statement from the Trump campaign. “He will enter a plea of not guilty and looks forward to his day in court.”
Lewandowski is “completely confident” he will be exonerated, the statement reads.
Lewandowski allegedly assaulted Michelle Fields, a former Breitbart reporter, who was covering the Trump campaign.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day