- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
James Van Der Beek is going to need a full-time assistant on ABC’s Don’t Trust the B—- in Apt 23.
The second-year comedy has promoted Ray Ford to series regular, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Ford plays the snarky, scene-stealing personal assistant to Van Der Beek’s heightened version of himself on the comedy starring Krysten Ritter and Dreama Walker.
In his limited screen time during the show’s seven-episode freshman run, he frequently clashed with Ritter’s Chloe and denied the titular “B” in the title money for rent after she refused to read his screenplay.
In addition to Apt 23, Ford’s credits also include a recurring role as paramedic Ray on the network’s Grey’s Anatomy. He’s repped by Rectangle Entertainment and Morris Yorn.
Apt 23 will return in the fall for a second season in its new time slot at 9:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day