- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Veteran TV host Marc Summers is ready for America’s most food-friendly holiday. The TV personality, known for Double Dare and Unwrapped, has signed on to host HDNET Movies’ Thanksgiving Movie Feast marathon all day on Nov. 22.
The lineup will feature a smorgasbord of food- and drink-themed films, including Chocolat, starring Johnny Depp, Juliette Binoche and Judi Dench; and Sideways, starring Paul Giamatti, Thomas Haden Church, Virginia Madsen and Sandra Oh. More films to air during the 24-hour event will be announced leading up to the holiday.
“November is my favorite month for two reasons: my birthday and Thanksgiving,” Summers said. “Amazing food, family and movies go hand in hand.”
In between screenings, Summers will provide viewers at home with fun facts. More of the emcee’s past credits include Restaurant: Impossible and Food Feuds.
The Thanksgiving movie marathon will air on the heels of HDNET’s October special, Rob Zombie’s 13 Nights of Halloween, which begins Oct. 19. The spooky list includes The Lords of Salem, The Blair Witch Project and its sequel, Zombie Strippers, Bubba Ho-Tep, The Evil Dead, Natural Born Killers and Flatliners. Hosted by Zombie, the event will culminate in a daylong marathon of all the films Oct. 31.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day