- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Family comedies continue to be all the rage this development season.
CBS is teaming with Jenny Bicks and Doug Ellin for a new family comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The untitled single-camera comedy centers on a successful young couple who find themselves starting an unconventional family.
Bicks (The Big C, Sex and the City) and Joey Boukadakis will pen the script. Bicks will exec produce the CBS Television Studios entry via her Perkins Street Productions banner. Ellin will exec produce via his CBSTVS-based Halyard Park banner. Teri Weinberg (Ugly Betty) will also exec produce via Yellow Brick Road shingle. Boukadakis will co-exec produce.
Bicks, who last season developed a Marley & Me TV sequel for NBC, is rewriting Whitney Cummings’ HBO comedy Drama as well as supervising TV Land’s First Wives Club. She’s repped by UTA.
Boukadakis previously wrote animated comedy Blitz, based on the life of Dan Bilzerian, for Comedy Central. He’s repped by CAA and Mosaic.
Ellin and Halyard Park are repped by CAA.
Family comedies have been in high demand this development season as broadcast networks look for new stories that speak to the evolving modern family.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day