- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – Anonymous Content (True Detective) and NBCUniversal-owned Carnival Films, the U.K. production firm behind Downton Abbey, are developing a new drama series called Nostradamus, starring Joseph Fiennes as the famous clairvoyant.
Fiennes will also have a producer credit on the hourlong show.
The drama focuses on Nostradamus as he looks for revenge on the people who killed his family. Further casting and other details aren’t known yet.
Nostradamus is executive produced by Anonymous Content, with producers Fiennes, Carnival Films and Universal Cable Productions, in association with NBCUniversal International Television Production.
Carnival has been drawing buzz with new projects. U.K. public broadcaster BBC recently ordered historical drama The Last Kingdom for its BBC Two network. The co-production between Carnival and BBC America is an adaptation of Bernard Cornwell‘s best-selling book series The Saxon Stories, which has drawn comparisons to Game of Thrones.
The company has also been developing a crime series centered on Sigmund Freud with Big Light Productions (Transporter). Freud: The Secret Casebook sees the father of psychoanalysis become the first criminal profiler.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day