- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Downton Abbey is returning for a second season, but if you can’t wait until then, here’s a clip of what’s to come.
Last we left off in the British miniseries by Julian Fellowes, a war was looming over the residents and servants of Downton Abbey, the home of Earl and Countess of Grantham. In the brief teaser, glimpses of that war playing out is seen — with people’s lives and relationships in jeopardy.
In an interview in late June with THR’s Tim Appelo, Fellowes discussed the shocking scene in which the sudden death of one of the visitors to the estate was covered up by the ladies of the home in order to save their reputation was based on true events. “This young woman had this man in her bed, a diplomat, and he died of a heart attack. If this story got out, the scandal would’ve been sensational and ruined them. So they dragged his body down the corridors into his own bed,” Fellowes recalled.
Check out the Season 2 teaser:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day