- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The show, set to kick off at 9 p.m. ET from Basketball City at Pier 36 in New York, will serve as “the NBA’s official annual award show to honor all of the league’s top performers on one night for the first time.” It’s being produced by Dick Clark Productions, which produces a range of live events from the Golden Globes to Miss America to Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin‘ Eve With Ryan Seacrest.
Awards presented during the show will include:
— Kia NBA Most Valuable Player
— Kia NBA Rookie of the Year
— Kia NBA Sixth Man Award
— Kia NBA Defensive Player of the Year
— Kia NBA Most Improved Player
— NBA Coach of the Year
Additional categories will include fan-voted awards. Categories and finalists will be announced Thursday during TNT’s Inside the NBA.
The 2017 NBA Awards will feature integrations with the Inside the NBA studio team of Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Shaquille O’Neal, along with NBA and Hollywood stars, in addition to musical performances. More details will be announced at a later date.
Dick Clark Productions is part of Eldridge Industries, the U.S. holding company whose assets also include The Hollywood Reporter-Billboard Media Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
saturday night live