- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Horror cable network Chiller has set the ensemble cast for the Drew Barrymore-produced movie, Animal.
Animal follows a group of close-knit friends who find themselves stranded in unfamiliar territory, pursued by a blood-thirsty predator. Holed up in isolated cabin, tensions mount as secrets are revealed. As the body count rises, the group puts their differences aside and fights for survival.
Eve (Barbershop), Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break), Parker Young (Enlisted), Joey Lauren Adams (Chasing Amy), Elizabeth Gillies (Victorious), Paul Iacono (The Hard Times of R.J. Berger), Thorsten Kaye (Smash) and Jeremy Sumpter (Friday Night Lights) have also joined the cast.
Animal will receive a limited release in theaters and will be available on-demand in 2014 before debuting on Chiller.
Barrymore is an executive producer alongside Nancy Juvonen, and producers Chris Miller, Ember Truesdell, Kelly Smith and Thommy Hutson. Hutson and Catherine Trillo penned the script and is directed by Brett Simmons. Gary J. Tunnicliffe created the creature effects.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day