- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Duck Dynasty got in one last shot before the end of their record ratings year, and the haul was predictably big. A&E’s bearded flagship family averaged 8.9 million viewers on Wednesday night with back-to-back episodes at 10 p.m.
Among adults 18-49, Duck Dynasty brought in 4.5 million viewers. And with adults 25-54, the show had 4.6 million. The Robertsons were a huge boon to A&E in 2013, helping drive primetime ratings up 12 percent among the targeted adults.
An impressive take by any cable definition, Duck Dynasty was still down from several of the highs of 2013. The reality show hit a series high back in August with 11.8 million viewers, with a previous record set in April with 9.5 million.
A&E is not slowing down on its Duck rollout, however. After a lengthy contract negotiation with the Robertson family over the summer, the fast-tracked fifth season is set to bow on Jan. 15, 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day