- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The controversial family patriarch was reinstated to the A&E reality show Dec. 27 after a nine-day suspension from the hit series following his comments in GQ magazine, which included him likening homosexuality to “bestiality.” Since he didn’t miss any filming, his temporary suspension will have no effect on the upcoming fifth season.
The footage that surfaced online Monday, which dates back to 2009, shows Robertson at a Georgia Sportsmen’s Ministry event.
According to the Daily Mail, the reality star also told the crowd that girls should cook and carry Bibles, because “that’ll save you a lot of trouble down the road.”
On Monday, Fox News Channel announced that Willie and Korie Robertson will appear on the network’s “All-American New Year” special, where they’ll be interviewed by Bill Hemmer and Elisabeth Hasselbeck. Their TV appearance will be the first for anyone from the Duck Dynasty family since the suspension. The New Year’s Eve special airs 9 p.m. through 12:30 a.m. ET.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day