- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
E! has added a two-hour daytime series focused on the biggest pop culture stories of the day to its live news programming lineup.
Daily Pop, hosted by Catt Sadler, Justin Sylvester and Carissa Culiner, will premiere at noon ET/PT on Monday, May 1. The two-hour program “will deliver fun, insightful and relatable conversations centered around the biggest, most fascinating pop culture stories of the day,” E! said.
The show officially joins the network’s daily lineup following an on-air test run at the end of last year. It will be part of an E! News multiplatform slate of shows that includes The Rundown, touted as one of the first fully produced weekly shows for Snapchat that recently expanded to twice weekly after early success on the platform; Live From E!, one of the first professional studio-based productions created exclusively for Facebook; interactive weekly Facebook Live shows freeSTYLE and So True, So False; and E! News’ nightly show on the network.
“E! is an iconic brand worldwide that has become synonymous with the latest in pop culture and entertainment news,” said John Najarian, executive vp and general manager of E! News and Digital. “By expanding our live offerings in daytime, the Daily Pop continues to bring viewers E! News’ unique, genuine and interesting point of view, delivered by our entertainment experts sharing inside scoop on the biggest stories of the day.”
“Daily Pop is a great addition to our arsenal of programming that helps our marketing partners reach the engaged, influential consumer base that is the E! viewer,” said Laura Molen, executive vp Lifestyle and Hispanic Advertising Sales Group at NBCUniversal. “We’re excited to offer another premium environment to develop unique, multiplatform integrations and opportunities for our valued advertising partners to naturally enhance their storytelling.”
E! said that the E! News programs target young adults and have an audience of nearly 30 million on digital and 292 million monthly views on social and reach an on-air audience of more than 15 million viewers each month, which includes more female millennial viewers than any other entertainment news show.
E! News’ multiplatform programming schedule includes:
– So True, So False (airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on the E! News page on Facebook Live)
– freeSTYLE (airs Thursdays 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on the E! News page on Facebook Live)
– The Rundown (Mondays and Thursdays on Snapchat)
– E! News (airs weeknights at 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. ET/PT on the network)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Ellen DeGeneres Show