- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Wise Entertainment is on the move.
The company behind Hulu’s East Los High has signed a first-look TV deal with Amazon Studios.
Under the pact, Mauricio Mota and Katie Mota’s company will create and develop projects for the streamer/retail giant.
“Wise Entertainment is uniquely skilled at creating compelling entertainment that also tackles topical issues,” said Vernon Sanders, co-head of TV at Amazon Studios. “We share a common commitment to creating content for our global audience that tells an inclusive and diverse range of stories. We’re looking forward to seeing the engaging, provocative series that Wise Entertainment develops for our global Prime Video audience.”
Wise, founded by writer-producer-director Katie Mota and producer Mauricio Mota, was behind five seasons of East Los High, with the series earning six Emmy nominations. The production company’s larger goal is to create and produce content from a rich and diverse cross section of voices to tell impactful, entertaining stories.
Wise Entertainment joins a long list of writer-producers with Amazon deals, including Amy Sherman-Palladino, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Connie Britton and Brad Pitt’s Plan B.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day