- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A source with knowledge of the situation tells The Hollywood Reporter that the longtime panelist also won’t be back when the series returns this fall for its 17th season — though ABC would not confirm the news.
“Elisabeth Hasselbeck is a valued member of The View and has a long-term contract,” reads a statement from a show rep.
Joining The View in 2003 after a stint on Survivor, Hasselbeck has been one of the most divisive personalities on the show. The panel’s only open conservative, she has butted heads with many on-air — most notably Rosie O’Donnell during her two-year stint as moderator.
Though talk of Hasselbeck’s departure quickly followed news of Behar’s exit, US Weekly was first to report that Hasselbeck was officially out. The story noted that polled viewers found her “too extreme and right wing.”
The current season of The View takes the existing panel — which also includes Sherri Shepherd, Whoopi Goldberg and Barbara Walters — through August.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day