- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC is looking for a few funny female cops.
The Disney-owned network is teaming with Elizabeth Banks for dramedy pilot The Trustee.
The hourlong comedic project is described as a fun female buddy-cop comedy. It revolves around a driven but stubborn detective who finds unlikely help from her precinct’s trustee, a larger-than-life ex-con who is finishing out her prison sentence doing menial tasks for the police department. Although the two have completely opposing views on crime and punishment, a highly entertaining and successful partnership is born.
The Smurfs and Spin City writing duo Jay Scherick and David Ronn will pen the script for Warner Bros. Television. Banks (who also executive produces the Pitch Perfect franchise) and her studio-based Brownstone Productions topper (and husband) Max Handelman will exec produce alongside Scherick and Ronn.
The Trustee marks ABC’s ninth hourlong pilot order and 13th overall this season. It’s also ABC’s third pilot pickup from Warner Bros. Television and comes days after the network renewed the independent studio’s veteran comedy The Middle for a ninth season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day