- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“No. Impossible,” Diddy replied. “I’m a black man. I have so many other things to be fearful of, a clown is not going to scare me.”
Less than five seconds later, DeGeneres proved Diddy hilariously wrong when a clown dressed like Pennywise from It popped out of the table beside his chair.
“Oh, shit!” Diddy exclaimed, jumping out of his seat in fear.
Once he realized what had happened, Diddy was all smiles. “You know, I woke up this morning and I said, ‘I want my life to be full of surprises.’ Ellen, I thank you!” he quipped, pulling the organizer of the prank into a hug.
After watching an instant replay, the talk show host pointed out how Diddy tried to play off his fear by dancing. “You dance when you get scared. I like it,” she joked.
Diddy was not impressed. “You really affected my street cred with that, all right?” he deadpanned.
DeGeneres, who often pranks her guests with scares, also sent Chrissy Teigen to the Purge Maze at Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights with her resident horror maze executive producer, Andy Lassner, in tow.
Watch DeGeneres freak out Diddy in the clip below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day