- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Beatty said he remembers being “very impressed” by DeGeneres’ acting during a romantic scene with Garry Shandling in The Larry Sanders Show. He said he had a “long talk” with Shandling about DeGeneres.
DeGeneres tries to get Beatty to say more, but he is awkward and shy in the exchange.
“I think you didn’t know I was gay at the time,” said DeGeneres.
“I knew you were happy I didn’t know you were gay,” joked Beatty, adding that he remembers her being “really really good” on The Larry Sanders Show.
“I had fun with him,” said DeGeneres, referring to Shandling. “But you wanted me.” Beatty burst out laughing and took a sip of his drink. The conversation transitioned into one about Beatty’s wife, Annette Bening, whom Beatty was already dating at the time.
Beatty said Bening is the “best thing” that has ever happened to him. DeGeneres commented on how she had thought Beatty would never settle down after the “scores and scores” of women he’d been with, but that she’s glad the two found each other.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day