- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Elton John and partner David Furnish are typically found at this time of year at their summer home in Nice, France, but on June 5, they were center stage in a parking lot adjacent to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena for a special FYC event for Pose.
Admitting they postponed their summer holiday so they could attend, the couple joined co-creators Ryan Murphy and Steven Canals and series stars Emmy winner Billy Porter and Mj Rodriguez for a panel that followed a screening of the emotional series finale. “This is a series where you laugh and you cry and you get angry and you see people’s journey and how they fight. And they are real people, and they are trans people who have made their life possible but, by God, they had to fight for it,” John explained of the history-making FX series which stars the most transgender actors ever assembled for a TV series.
He then quipped that among the characters on the show he most identifies with the sharp-tongued one played by Dominique Jackson. “I mean, I am Elektra. I am totally Elektra.”
This story first appeared in the June 9 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. Click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Last Week Tonight With John Oliver