- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The CW’s freshman medical drama Emily Owens, M.D. will not be getting a full-season pickup.
Emily Owens, which wraps production on its initial order next week, will have all 13 episodes aired on the network. The CW had ordered additional scripts in October.
After the lowest-rated premiere of the fall season, Emily Owens never grabbed the attention of this season’s two other new CW series Arrow and Beauty and the Beast. And though its season average of a low 0.4 rating among adults 18-49 is matched by other network series (90210, Gossip Girl), it never had their DVR growth.
Season-to-date, Emily Owens was improving an extremely low tenth of a point with each original episode. That makes it the smallest grower across scripted television.
Arrow and Beauty and the Beast both have received full-season orders. The network will launch 1980s-set The Carrie Diaries in January.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day