- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The latest installment of NBC’s Saturday Night Live parodied The View, with Leslie Jones playing Whoopi Goldberg, Cecily Strong portraying Abby Huntsman, Kate McKinnon playing Joy Behar, Melissa Villaseñor portraying Ana Navarro and Aidy Bryant playing Meghan McCain. The evening’s host, Emma Stone, also came in halfway through as former View panelist Jenny McCarthy.
The sketch touched on President Donald Trump’s plans to build a border wall and Kirstjen Nielsen, the former Secretary of Homeland Security. “Trump, Trump, what a chump,” McKinnon’s Behar said. “Can I just say something, as the Princess of Arizona? There is a crisis at the border,” Bryant’s McCain said. She also said she couldn’t be racist because her makeup artist is gay. Bryant’s McCain and McKinnon’s Behar locked in a faceoff when Bryant’s McCain said it’s her job to listen to her.
“This is The View, we are five best friends who have nothing in common,” Jones’ Goldberg said, trying to break up the fight.
— Saturday Night Live – SNL (@nbcsnl) April 14, 2019
Stone’s McCarthy talked about the former Voice panel’s anti-vaccinations stance. References were made to her stint as a panelist on the recent singing competition series The Masked Singer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day