- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Although a navy smoky eye may not seem like much of a beauty risk, when it’s worn with navy clothing and accessories, it could elicit the dreaded label of too matchy-matchy. But that wasn’t the case for Kerry Washington, who agreed with her longtime makeup artist, Carola Gonzalez, that a heavy navy eye would work beautifully with her satin clutch and the skirt peeking out from beneath her Prada dress.
Gonzalez created the Scandal nominee’s Emmy look, which she dubbed a “dynamic blue eye,” using Neutrogena Crease Proof Eye Shadow in Forever Platinum (a silver shade) layered over Dior DiorShow Fusion Mono shadow in Cosmos (shimmery navy) on the lid and lower lashline. She then lined the eyes with Neutrogena Nourishing Eye Liner in Twilight Blue, a smooth pencil liner in a deep teal shade.
Was that the end of the color coordinating for Washington? Her coral-orange nails that came very close to the shade of her Prada gown say no.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day