- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The field this year was particularly crowded with fan favorites. Paul’s Jesse Pinkman was considered by many to be the beating heart of Breaking Bad, while Peter Dinklage‘s turn as Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones has been a highlight of that show since the very beginning. A particular plot twist with Josh Charles‘ character in The Good Wife this year made news all unto itself, while Mandy Patinkin (Homeland), Jim Carter (Downton Abbey) and Jon Voight (Ray Donovan) have been demonstrating all year long why they’re the highly regarded dramatic statesmen that they are.
Ultimately, the Breaking Bad star prevailed with his performance in the drama’s final season, for which he received his third Emmy. In his acceptance speech, Paul thanked creator Vince Gilligan for always believing in him and praised his fellow cast mates and crew for an amazing run, saying of the show, “It changed my life.” Like Anna Gunn, he also reminisced about working with Bryan Cranston. “There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t miss running to work to be able to work opposite of you, my friend.”
Click here to see the best and worst moments from Monday night’s ceremony.
A complete list of winners can be found here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
William Jackson Harper
Friends: The Reunion