- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The Bachelor did not receive a rose from ABC on Sunday.
ABC accidentally dissed one of its own shows during the Emmy’s “Year in Reality” montage, which featured highlights from the biggest reality shows on TV this year.
PHOTOS: Emmy Winners 2012: ‘Modern Family,’ ‘Homeland’
However, The Bachelor, one of ABC’s own shows, was not featured in the montage, and host Chris Harrison was quick to point this out.
“Epic fail #abc huge slap,” he wrote on Twitter.
Producer Mike Fleiss added: “This was a slap in the face to all #Bachelornation”
The montage featured all of the nominated shows – The Amazing Race, Dancing With the Stars, Project Runway, So You Think You Can Dance, Top Chef and The Voice – but also had plenty shows that weren’t even close to a nomination. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Jersey Shore were also part of the montage.
PHOTOS: Emmys 2012: The Best and Worst Moments From the Awards
The snub was especially surprising because the ABC reality show could be announcing its next bachelor – for season 17 – any day now. Fleiss said on Twitter that they began shooting the new season Sept. 20.
Amazing Race went on to win the prize for outstanding reality show, while Dancing With the Stars host Tom Bergeron took the Emmy for reality host.
ABC did not immediately return THR’s request for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day