- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A slew of newcomers and awards-season favorites are among the Emmy nominees in this year’s drama series categories.
Every year eight shows compete for the best drama series in the Emmys, with last year’s winner being Euphoria. Meanwhile, six actors and six actresses will be competing for performing drama awards.
The Crown’s Olivia Colman, a repeating nominee from last year’s Emmys, will be competing for best lead actress in a drama along with her five fellow nominees: Uzo Aduba (In Treatment), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Mj Rodriguez (Pose) and Jurnee Smollett (Lovecraft Country).
2019’s winner for best lead actor in a drama, Billy Porter (Pose), is once again nominated and will vie against Sterling K. Brown (This Is Us) as he did in the 2020’s Emmys. Their four fellow competitors in this year’s competition are Jonathan Majors (Lovecraft Country), Josh O’Connor (The Crown), Regé-Jean Page (Bridgerton), and Matthew Rhys (Perry Mason).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day