- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Emmy Rossum is ready for some revenge.
The Shameless star has signed on to co-star with Liam Neeson in the Rocky Mountains-set action thriller Hard Powder, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. William Forsythe has also joined the cast.
Hans Petter Moland is directing the adaptation of his Norwegian film In Order of Disappearance, from a screenplay by Frank Baldwin. Michael Shamberg will produce the Studiocanal pic.
Hard Powder sees Neeson playing Nels, an upright snowplow driver in a glitzy Colorado ski town whose life is turned upside down when his son is murdered by the powerful local drug kingpin. He then seeks to dismantle the cartel, but his vengeful crusade sparks a turf war between a Viking gangster and a Native American mafia boss.
Rossum — whose film credits include The Phantom of the Opera, The Day After Tomorrow and You’re Not You — will next be seen onscreen in Netflix’s National Lampoon biopic A Futile & Stupid Gesture, directed by David Wain. She is repped by CAA and MGMT Entertainment.
Forsythe appears next in MVP Studios’ live-action remake of The Little Mermaid. He is repped by APA and Vanguard Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day